[TowerTalk] Stub Filters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stub Filters
From: "Robert Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:32:36 -0600 (CST)
If I were to put stubs on my 80 and 160 beverage jumpers (between the
switch in the shack and the radio), would this create nulls for the
beverages?
My scenario....I have different sets of beverages for both bands.  But qrm
between the 80 and 160 stations, when on at the same time, is bad enough
that weak signals can be covered up.  I have bandpass filters in line with
all stations as well as bandpass filters on each beverage jumper but there
is still a bit of a problem.
With that said, I know that a 92 foot shorted stub will null 80m and all
bands above and a 46 foot shorted stub nulls 40m and up.  So what is best
for nulling 80m signals from the 160m station?  46 foot open, 92 foot open
or what?
Like to hear from some experts on this subject.

73,
Bob NX5M