Re: [TowerTalk] [Was: Joining Rohn 25g sections] Storm Survival

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Was: Joining Rohn 25g sections] Storm Survival
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:13:23 -0500
> Could also cut the remnants off and get a pier pin along with a base plate.
> Drill a hole in the concrete, place the pier pin. I used a pier pin for 15
> years with no problem
> Bob/WF3H

This raises an interesting regional question.

Some regions are more prone to severe storms with
high winds that throw things around.

Those flying objects have a propensity to mess
with guy wires and the pulsing winds to stress
everything.

We've all seen the video from tropical storms
and hurricanes, even in areas outside of the
most direct impact.

Considering that scenario, would a pier-pin or
a section-in-concrete tower have a higher probability
of survival should the tower suffer the loss of one
or more guy wires and continue to be flexed by heavy
gusting winds?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e   bibleseven.com