To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10
From: "George Lee" <geokr5c@cablelynx.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 23:39:04 -0500
John, my HN-31 manual shows "Power Dissipation Capability........1 kilowatt
maximum (IC AS)."

The oil in it can be whatever the original owner put in it.  Oil was not
included.  Mine has transformer oil as I built it 34-35 years ago.

The book also has a graph that shows with Mineral oil you can run 1000 watts
input for approximately 1-2 minutes.  Hard to interpolate.  Also shows 1000
watts input for transformer oil for approximately 10 minutes.  The lines
converge at about 375 watts and continue as one line down to 200 watts input
for 60-120 minutes.

Somewhere in the archives is a note about oils that are good for such
service and can be found in Tractor Supply Stores.  I can't remember the
formula designator but maybe someone else can or knows where in the archives
to find it.

I have seen this oil in the store near me and it is very cheap.

Good luck.

73, George KR5C

 Will it handle 1500W on a