[TowerTalk] 60 Foot Rohn 25 Tower Plans

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 60 Foot Rohn 25 Tower Plans
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
I tried to post this the other night, but it never showed up.

  I'm in the process of putting together the plans to put up a 60 foot Rohn 25
tower with two sets of Guys (As prescribed by the plans), with approximately 8
foot of mast protruding, in a 4 1/2 foot pier type installation, and have a few
questions.  (English majors, yes, I know that's a run on sentence)

  1)  What is the maximum allowable windload for this configuration?  (I can't
find this information on their website)
  2)  I need to use Elevated Guys.  (I have small children and can't have
anything basically at head/neck level.  I'm planning to put the tops of my guy
points at about 8 feet.  (Does this change the rating?) I plan to also employ a
house bracket at 8 feet.  This is more for the initial installation of the
tower, however, it's not bad extra insurance.
  3)  What big time gotchas am I over looking here?

  My plans are to install approximately 10 sq feet of flat antennas.  I'm aware
of the .6 spec that Rohn sets out, so I'm essentially putting up 16 sq feet per
their breakdown.

  Thanks in advance for your help!

  Dave, W3DMT