Re: [TowerTalk] rotor removal question

To: <EL34GUY@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor removal question
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:05:12 -0700
That is basically how I lift my 2 7/8 x 1/4 x 20 ft mast. I use an auto
scissor jack. The top of the jack is the type that has a slot in it. A
vertical plate is bolted to the mast with 2 muffler clamps and the edge fits
into the slot in the top of the jack. Supporting the base of the jack is a
bit of a problem. I have a piece of 6 inch aluminum channel about a foot
long. One edge of the channel rests on the top of the bearing. Two pieces of
all thread rod which fit snugly inside the vertical tubing corner posts of
the crankup, are bolted to the channel. Nuts on the all thread rod clamp it
to the channel and can be adjusted to set on the top of the tower leg. When
the channel is leveled the mast can be raised easily.
  I have 2 bearing plates so the mast is stable when jacked up. If I
understand your situation, You have only one bearing plate. You might be
able to fab something up using a moderately loose U bolt around the mast,
above the rotor, mounted to a vertical plate. This would be U bolted to two
of the tower legs using spacer blocks of suitable thickness. I am not sure
what the top of SSV looks like but hope some of this will be applicable to
your problem. 73, Dan, N5AR