Re: [TowerTalk] Big rotators

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big rotators
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:25:06 -0700 (PDT)
Some installed MonstIR's are using Orion/M^2 2800's.  Alfa Spid and
ProSysTel make big rotators that would work, but they only fit
inside fairly large towers (no crankups).  Not even clear they
could fit R45.  Since I already have a 2800, I am probably going
to go with that for my upcoming MonstIR installation.  Alfa is
going to test their big rotator for mounting on top of the tower with
the antenna right above the rotator.  Results should be announced
in a month or two.

Rick N6RK