[TowerTalk] Tower Painting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting
From: "Roy Thistle" <roy.thistle@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:05:53 -0400
primer that bonds to the rust (not sure about the bonding). I have used a lot
of that. It is good when there is no galvanization left. That is, when there is
no zinc left and the galvanized coating has been completely (or nearly
completely) replaced by rust. I am not sure they let it get that far in the
Navy.

Otherwise, I have used white water based primer that I think is only an
adhesive between the galvanized metal and the top coat.

My question was how do you get it on the inside of the tower leg? The tower
sections I work with, mostly, are tubular steel.
R.