[TowerTalk] Historic Propane Disastor in my Hometown (OT)

To: TTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Historic Propane Disastor in my Hometown (OT)
From: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:44:53 -0600
I was 13 years old when this event occurred (1973)......... In 74 I got
my first ham license.

At age 33 I became a firefighter for Kingman Fire Dept.  Several of the
Firefighters I worked with were the sons of those killed in this explosion.

The current Chief of Kingman Fire Dept was a new volunteer in 1973 and
was 18 years old.   He never forgot what he witnessed that day and
became an oustanding leader of safe firefighting operations for Kingman
Fire Department.  It was a wonderful experience to work under his
leadership..... one of the best things I have done in my life.

http://azkrmc.com/education/history/stockton1.htm
(page down to July5th  1973)

-Dave NN5K