Re: [TowerTalk] Off-Topic: RFI question

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>, "Don Bozarth" <drboz@pacbell.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Off-Topic: RFI question
From: "Dr. Howard S. White" <drpaper@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:45:12 -0700
Take what you read on Eham.net with a grain of salt....

Have had a 51" Plasma HDTV located phyically directly underneath my beam for
a couple of years

and a 32" LCD-HDTV directly above my operating position

(makes a great contest readout when not watching TV).

Absolutely no RFI from either.

Image Burn in and Plasma life discussions are also very very very old
news...

and ultimately turned into old wives tales....

Anything you buy in the past 2 or 3 years does not have these alleged
problems....

BTW.. TV extended warranties are probably a big waste of money...

Because HD prices are dropping so fast...you will likely be able to replace
the TV with a new TV by the time it fails out of warranty for the cost of
the warranty.
Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"