[TowerTalk] radials for a 4 sq system

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] radials for a 4 sq system
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 12:48:28 +0000
Correct me if I am wrong, but I had heard that terminating and tying each of
the radials to a common bus line where they intesect it to be the prefered way
now; and that is why Com Tek shows this method in their manual.

Dick, you are correct.  What I did for my 4 Sq was to lay down a criss-cross of
bare solid #10 with the center at the Comtek box.  Any radials from the
verticals that intersected this were soldered to this criss-cross buss (used
silver bearing solder for longer life) and obviously any radials that didn't
intersect were layed out to their full length.  My system seems to work fine.
Phil  KB9CRY