Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Thrust bearing shot

To: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>,"'K8RI on Tower talk'" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Thrust bearing shot
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:21:28 -0700
At 04:08 PM 5/12/2006, hermans wrote:
>Thanks for the idea of using oil soaked hardwood Roger.
>Might be less expensive then teflon.
>
>Jos on4kj

Even cheaper: use UltraHighMolecularWeight (UHMW) polyethylene (aka poor
man's teflon), or, for that matter, HDPE (high density PolyEthylene), as
found in inexpensive plastic cutting boards.  HDPE is great stuff. Easy to
machine (with *SHARP* tools), cheap, very low friction.

You can use a standard hole saw (with cooling air blowing on it to keep
from melting the plastic while you drill) or other woodworking tools. You
can also stack up a bunch of cutting boards, and bolt them together.