[TowerTalk] Honda HF antennas

To: <warrenwolff@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Honda HF antennas
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:39:46 +0000
Warren,

That may have been my request for info, a few weeks back.
What I ultimately got was very little information from the
thread.

Considering putting a valor antenna on a diamond k400 trunk lip
mount.  Hardly the most efficient, but least impact on the vehicle.
However, I am concerned about 100w HF in a vehicle with an electronic
throttle system.  (2003 Accord EX).

Would prefer one of the small screwdrivers, but the ergonomics of
tuning it manually don't look safe to me.  (despite friends having said
'it's no problem')

If anyone knows definitively that I can route an iC706 power cord through
the firewall of a 2003 Accord, I'd like to know where to find the plugged
hole.

If anyone has specific experience with RFI to a Honda vehicle, 2003 or
newer,
I'd like to hear about it.

Here's my concern:  In my old VW Passat, the dashboard lights would blink
whenever on 30m cw.  On 20m cw, the cruise control would trip off.  *
thankfully
never on! *

Tried it with the comet/valor antenna, and with a base tuned 102" whip.
both
had the same problem.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org