Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 45

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>,"Towertalk (E-mail)" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 45
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:07:53 -0000
Tony -

I applied Rust Bullet here a couple of years ago to my 120ft Rohn 45G tower.
So far it seems to be doing the job and it looks like a good product.  If
you do the job on the tower, purchase some of  those full coverage painting
coveralls sold at Home Depot.  It's almost impossible to do the job on the
tower without getting some or lots on yourself and climbing belt (if you
have a good used climbing belt, this is a great time to use it).

I've found it best to use a paint glove or sponge to apply it.  Much quicker
than a brush, but you do tend to get it all over yourself.  The need to
apply a second coat in 24-48hr (can't remember exactly the window) is a
pain, but it's to cover any pinholes that might appear after the first coat.

73, Bob - W3YY