[TowerTalk] (Fwd) Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] (Fwd) Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:43:17 -0400
I have placed multiple coaxial inverted Ls in the same tree (but fed them with
separate feed lines).? My results were
that there was no noticable interaction.? The antennas all worked fantastic.

My present antenna farm has the 80M and 160M in a single tree and then another
80M phased, a 4-square inverted
Ls on 40M and another 4-square set of inverted Ls on 20M.? I am very pleased
with the results.

The second 160M inverted L is just about ready to go up.

I have an inverted-L for 160 with 24 radials that works really well.

I'd like to add 80m and possibly 40m by having those respective vertical
elements attached to the same radial system.

My question: how far apart must the respective elements -- vertical and
horizontal -- be from each other?

My concern is a result of there being a single tree (i.e., tie off point)
at each end of the antenna (where the L takes place and at the end of the
horizontal section).

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC