Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum radials Re: Ground wire impedance

To: richard@karlquist.com, K2EK@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum radials Re: Ground wire impedance
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:52:59 -0700
At 03:09 PM 7/13/2006, Rick Karlquist wrote:
>Aluminum irrigation tubing lays around in the mud all the time
>and never corrodes.  Why would aluminum wire corrode?

I would worry about small induced currents from things like the
interconnection to the power line ground, leakage currents from your
rig,  or from interconnection with that copper plated ground rod, etc.

The hunk of aluminum laying around isn't connected to anything.

I've noticed the same thing (aluminum never goes away), but maybe it's
different here in California? The sun always shines, we don't have big
tornados or hurricanes, barely even thunderstorms, and aluminum doesn't
corrode. Eureka!