Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire impedance

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire impedance
From: BenT <bthorson@4smps.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:31:25 -0400
How about using that aluminum irrigation tubing and bring the tubes
together in a manifold with a fitting. Punch a bunch of pinholes in the
tubing and fill with vinegar once a year to keep the soil acidic :-)

But really, a lot of the soil around here is acidic, but I'd want to
check around and find some people who use this irrigation tubing and
find out what their experiences were. It may be that with the proper
soil testing you'd be ok.

Regardless, K2EK's comments would make me leery of doing anything in
this area without Really careful checking on that corrosion issue.

It sure would be nice to dig a hole and bury aluminum instead of copper!!!

Of course, there is the other issue which is the galvanic potential
between aluminum and copper. You probably would have to use aluminum
ground rods too. ( I noticed that you can Cadweld aluminum.)

BenT