Re: [TowerTalk] Insulating Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulating Towers
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:03:06 -0000
Yeah, insulated bushings, or some kind of insulated stud, whatever, anything
like that which is strong enough to handle the tilt over forces will
insulate the base of the tower.  The worse part it what to do with the yagi
feedlines, rotor cables, and maybe switchbox cables that will run up the
towers.  I have always considered it easier to ground the towers directly to
the radials, ground all the other cables at the base, and use totally
grounded yagis (no insulated element stuff, just gamma or T matches with dc
continuity)... then shunt feed the tower.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net