[TowerTalk] where to get a small, tapered tubular "tower"

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] where to get a small, tapered tubular "tower"
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:24:35 -0700
Greetings fellow TTs:

As my new tower gets closer to going up (still have to clean out the bottom
corners of the foundation hole, but it's been over 100 deg. F here lately) I
am thinking of my old tower's (UST MA-550MDP) nice circular foundation.  It
is in the front of the house and in an ideal location for a flagpole.  I've
been looking at the streetlight poles the city uses.  They are
tubular/tapered, starting at about 4" diameter at the bottom to maybe 2" at
the top.  They have a four-bolt mounting pattern almost identical to the
MA-550's rotor base.  They look like they would make a great flagpole and a
lighted one at that.  Any idea where I could find one of those critters?
You must buy in large quantity from the manufacturers, so that doesn't work.
I've tried calling the city to see if they have surplus.  No luck.  I'll try
some other local cities and the county, but maybe someone on here has an
idea?  I'm looking for something in the 30' range.

Thanks & 73 - JC, K0HPS