Re: [TowerTalk] personal rf meter

To: "CARY GOOCH" <cgooch@newroadstelecom.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] personal rf meter
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:25:56 -0700
At 06:44 AM 7/25/2006, CARY GOOCH wrote:
>Hello List.
>
>Seems I am back on the towers after years of being a flatlander, and
>have some questions for the list members. I am often working at a site
>with more than one tower, and not sure in which direction other rf
>sources may be pointed.

Generally, there is an agreement among all the tenants at a site to collect
all RF exposure/hazard data in one place. However, that's theory, not
universal practice.

>Is there a device that I can wear (and not be in my way) which will
>alert me of rf dangers?

yes.. Companies like Narda sell personal RF monitors.

>I am also interested in finding the software that will give me a side
>view along the line of sight. That is given the coordinates of two
>towers, and the height of the antenna on each, a graphic that will show
>ground clearance along the signal path. Would be helpful in deciding how
>high each dish should be.

Check out "radio mobile".. google for it.  It's free, and does exactly what
you want.