[TowerTalk] Ground windows

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground windows
From: DGB <dwibos@netnet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:04:37 -0500
I am installing a un-guyed crank-up tilt-over tower located about six
feet away from the front of my garage. I will have a 180 degree field of
copper straps and ground rods and attached to the bottom of the tower
whic has the ufer ground. My shack is at the other end 72 ft. away.

At the top I will have a couple of beams and a rotor. I intend on
installing polyphaser coax and rotor protection devices at the bottom of
the tower to ground. I'm trying to decide whether to route the coax thru
the garage directly to the or around the garage buried on pvc. If I
orute it around the garage thru the pvc and connect them to a ground
window into the shack                      , and then route the cables
thru pvc to the other end of garage, either inside or outside, 70 ft.
away, which is where the shack is, do I also have to have the same
devices at that end?