Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:51:13 EDT
28 days allows concrete to cure to around 90% of its strength.

If allowed to dry to quickly, the surface becomes "crazed" and can develop
lots of small surface cracks.  This is not usually a problem with  tower
installations since there is very little surface area with respect to the
amount of
concrete in hole.

I have poured quite a few bases in the hot Florida sun and have never had
one develop any cracks, even though I took no special measures to keep in  wet.

My belief it is a non-issue.

I would however wait several weeks before erecting any tower after pouring
the base.  Your choice.

Bill K4XS