Re: [TowerTalk] Ground for screwdriver antenna

To: "'Donald Inscho'" <dinscho@epix.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground for screwdriver antenna
From: "Mike K6BR" <noddie@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:57:10 -0700
I had similar problems and found that grounding the Exhaust system worked
for me, almost a silver bullet:)

Mike

I have a screwdriver antenna that will not tune on a 1997 Nissan Quest.
I move the coils up and down and still receive the same swr reading for
each ham frequency band.  For 18 meters 1.5 to 1, for 21 meters 1.8 to 1
and the rest of the bands are all infinite swr.  The manufacturer of the
antenna says it must be a body rf ground problem.  What are your
opinions?  I have tried to screw the antenna rf  ground to different
part of the car body but I have little change.

Don Inscho N3OSO

It has removed 65 spam emails to date.