Re: [TowerTalk] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:46:21 -0400

> Hi Larry
>
> I wouldn't get within 10 miles of those wires :-)
>
> I had a friend here, W7IVX, who had a big station on top of the hill.  To
> the north about a mile were some high tension wires and they always gave
> him
> fits whenever he beamed that way.

My experience has been the opposit.  There is an HV transmission line about
a half mile to the NE at its closest. It runs from the SE to NW.  My lowest
noise on 20, 15, 10 and 6 is when the beams are pointed driectly at that
line.  My strongest noise (comes and goes) is the the SSE to SSW at times.
I thought it was an electric fence, but there isn't one in that direction.
I do occasionally hear the one at the pig farm to the SE, but not often.

After 20 years I never have found that intermittent noise. Every time I go
hunting it goes away.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)