[TowerTalk] H.V. transmission lines

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] H.V. transmission lines
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
Out here in the northwest they also run control and monitoring data over the
lines and can be just as noisy as the BPL curse, at their fundimental and
harmonics.
  Fortunatly they are much smaller bandwith than BPL and not harmonically
related to ham bands but their hetrodine products can be.. Luckly the utilities
are all going to a SCADA system at UHF seperate from the bpl around here and
the problem will soon be a thing of the past. The utilities are lobbying to
keep the bpl for control so it will probably never got away completely.
  So I guess I will cast my vote in the not to move near column.
  Good luck on your search.

  Nick
  WB7PEK