Re: [TowerTalk] Westinghouse

To: lcomden@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Westinghouse
From: Larry Phipps <larry@telepostinc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:02:38 -0400
Do they give Tesla credit for the invention of polyphase AC?

I wish I had known about the museum. We were in Pittsburgh last summer and went to the Carnegie Museum of Art, Falling Waters and the Phipps Conservancy. My last name is Phipps, so we stocked up on T-shirts and such there. I guess I'm from the poor branch of the family ;-)

Larry N8LP
www.telepostinc.com
"Home of the groundbreaking LP-100 Digital Vector Wattmeter"

lcomden@comcast.net wrote:
TT:

Here, in the land of Westighouse (Pittsburgh), there is a very good and informative Westinghouse Museum which shows the scope of the man's inventions and business savvy.

The coup for AC (vs DC) was lighting the Columbian Exposition (Chicago 1893).
The expo was called the White City for its appearance day and NIGHT under that
fabulous illumination.

Larry K3VX