[TowerTalk] Huntsville Hamfest/Skypecast

To: noid@baycrestfl.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Huntsville Hamfest/Skypecast
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:45:52 -0700
TT:

This would be a perfect application for a Skypecast Meeting.  A new free
service from Skype.com, It alllows moderated or unmoderated distance
meetings on any topic, broadcast to up to 100 people, with interactive or
non- interactive options.  I am planning to work with this free program to
enable remote meetings of the local  radio club.   Since it is for free, as
are many of useful skype services, it might be worth looking into.  Actually
I can't figure out Skype's business model, as they offer  a lot for free,
and yet don't barrage you with adverts while using their site.

If someone sets up a Skypecast, please let us know how well it works.

73, de Pat AA6EG   aa6eg@hotmail.com   Skype:  sparky599