Re: [TowerTalk] True North, astronomical methods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] True North, astronomical methods
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:45:49 -0400

> In negotiations there is a difference between one's "interest" and one's
> "position," the former focussing in what you think the other really wants
> and the latter focussing on what he asks for----So, do you really want to
> know where North is so you know where North is, or do you want to know
> where
> North is so you can calibrate a rotator?  If it's the latter, there are
> many
> ways to calibrate a rotator including many that don't need to know where
> North is.  Perhaps that ought to be the subject of the thread instead of
> the
> interminable "Where is North?" 73  Saul  K2XA

Taking into consideration I have no antennas or arrays with a very narrow
beam width I used the "I think it's about that-a-way" method for finding
North.

For astronomy (Telescope set up) I rough set with the Isogonic lines and
fine tune it from there, but that is an entirely different topic and one
that does require precision.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com