Re: [TowerTalk] Ooops! Wrong guy bracket assemblyinstalled--nowwhat?!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ooops! Wrong guy bracket assemblyinstalled--nowwhat?!
From: "Gary Jones" <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:14:45 -0500
Dick:

You have apparently not put up a Rohn guy bracket in a while, because
this is exactly how they have been supplied from the manufacturer for
some time.

My GB-45 that I purchased 8 or 9 years ago arrived exactly that way.

And using a wire twisted through the shackle, in my opinion, is a smart
way to add protection to prevent the shackle from coming loose. I did
not use a preventer wire and never had any change in the shackle pin
loosening, due to the static tension on the line, but it seems like a
good strategy.

           Gary       W5FI