Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Thoughts on making low resistance jointsbetween

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Thoughts on making low resistance jointsbetween aluminiumtubing...
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:05:19 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2006 10:20:45 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
la5he@otterstad.dk writes:

How do  people tackle this problem (and it would include Yagi constructors)
of  making low loss contacts at each section where an aluminium tube is
fitted  into the previous section.

For Yagis it's easy.  I put a small nr 6 stainless screw at each joint  .
Before I insert the screw into the hole I put a dab of NoAlox into the  hole
and
then on the screw.  I cover the screw with a few wraps of  tape.  When you
take the tape off years later the joint is still  clean.

Bill K4XS