Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Side-mounted to Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Side-mounted to Tower
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:28:22 -0400
Another route is 4 half wave folded dipoles fed in phase using (I think it
was a 90 ohm coax harness).  You can put them all on one side of the tower
for reasonable gain or orient them 90 degrees apart or two on each side of
the tower for 180 degrees.  They'll be broad any way.

As I recall these are in the ARRL Antenna handbook or Handbook.  I have 4
made up out of 1/2" copper pipe and fittings, but have not put them up yet.
I may put them on the top of the mast at 130 feet in place of the stacked
arrays for 144 and 440 which I rarely use.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com