Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between SteppIR and Cushcraft LogPeriodic?

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between SteppIR and Cushcraft LogPeriodic?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:16:46 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Edward Sylvester
<navydude1962@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Plus, you'll expereinece more overload to your receiver, and potentially cause
>more interference with log, as it is broadbanded.

Yes, I saw that mentioned in the archives. Did this actually happen to
someone or is it just conjecture? What RX? How bad? Was an attempt
made to cure it with bandpass filters or some other approach?

Keep in mind, for a $500 price difference one can buy a lot of
filters. :-)

--
Bill, W6WRT