Re: [TowerTalk] Dont use nylon zip ties on coax

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dont use nylon zip ties on coax
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 02:33:38 -0400

Also don't use a staple gun!  I had some eager friends at a local
non-profit who
took it on themselves to install CAT-5 Ethernet in the building using
this method.  A world of trouble at 100 Mbit/s...

I staple Cat5e runs but I use a hammer and leave them loose and that is on a
130' run of gigabit, let alone 100baseT.

The last run was through conduit which was actually easier to run, but all
those corners were a bear.

But as to the staple guns, they could have used a main gun *through* the
cable<:-)) Like the old story of bolting the CB radio to the underside of
the dash...after drilling holes through the radio for the bolts.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)

73 Martin AA6E