Re: [TowerTalk] Radial losses - was copper thefts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial losses - was copper thefts
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 04:32:02 -0400
As far as normal ground resistance I'd really not expect to see much
difference. OTOH I'd be concerned about diode action and noise from the
barbs in some conditions.  The barbs are just a short piece of wire pointed
on both ends that is wound between the two main steel strands. The only
thing holding the barb is the twist plus a slight kink in the barb itself.
One other thing. I'd sure hate to catch one with the lawn mower. IF it
didn't get you while winding it up it'd still be a lot of fun getting out
from under the mower deck. <:-))  OTOH, steel electric fence wire is
relatively inexpensive and I'd bet it'd do a pretty good job even if it had
to be replaced every few years in some locations.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)