[TowerTalk] Hamilton Co. Ohio bldg permit application

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hamilton Co. Ohio bldg permit application
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 05:52:01 -0400
Hi, all concerned:

A month ago, getting a permit (see
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2006-08/msg00231.html )
looked pretty grim to me, but ... my contractor-neighbor listened to the
story, laughed at me, took care of the septic-system work, dug the hole, the
inspector smiled twice and nodded his head, and I'm 12 days into
concrete-curing and prep of other things.  Whew & <really-big-smile>

There remain several issues on which I could use some advice and other help,
please:

1. I want to get rid of the boom-stays on a HyGain TH11; can I substitute a
single piece of 2" OD/0.25" wall 6061-T6 for the mfr's 4-piece boom and
steel-cable stays?   Example: Mosley TH36 boom.

2. Ditto the boom-stays on a Cuscraft 40-2CD; can I substitute a single
piece of 2" OD/0.125" wall 6061-T6 with a center sleeve of 10 ft of 2.125"
OD-0.058 wall slid over it, for the mfr's 4-piece boom and tubing stays?
Example: Mosley S402 boom.

3.  I need at least 4, maybe 8 connectors for Times LMR900.   Anybody have
spares for sale?

4.  OT, but ... I'd like to buy a genuine, legal, used Windows XP Pro CD
with COA on the wrapper.   Any out there?

The mast for this stack is 2" OD X 0.25" wall chrome-moly, a proven survivor
of the windwars in these parts.  Been reading Leeson's book.

TIA, 73, and CUITP shortly, I hope,

Dave, N3HE