Re: [TowerTalk] Questions.Tower Installation & concrete cost

To: wc1m@msn.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions.Tower Installation & concrete cost
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:58:58 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2006 8:11:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  wc1m@msn.com
writes:

Yeah, the contractor padded the estimate. Further, it  was a big housing
contractor, not a poor, struggling tower rigger ;-) They  made a pantload of
money
on a major renovation to my house, so I didn't feel  bad refusing the bill
for the extra concrete. Finally, it wasn't a matter of  the soil conditions
leading to a bigger hole. Either the excavator didn't get  the spec clearly
from
the contractor, or he was daydreaming during the dig --  there was no reason
for him to dig down 9 feet!