Re: [TowerTalk] to sue or not to sue

To: "Vic" <wb4slm@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] to sue or not to sue
From: "Scott W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:52:10 -0400
Wow, Vic.

Yes, thank goodness no-one was hurt!

If it were me I would just suck it up and move on.

But if you proceed with a complaint you can do it in a very diplomatic way.
Think this through, write down your thoughts (do not send the letter until
you have re-written it five times, had two or three trusted friends read it,
and then wait another 10 days after that and do a final re-write...that will
let you clear all the emotion out of the letter), get that repair estimate
for tower and concrete, and the estimates with a nice letter to the Crane
Company asking them to make it right themselves or to file a claim with
their insurance company. You might be surprised that they comply!

In the letter approach it in the most exceptionally positive way possible
(no emotion). Send it certified with return reciept so they know you are
serious.

Give them a time limit in writing in that letter.  Require them to respond
in writing only.  In the long run you want everything documented.

Tell them if they do not respond by your specified date making things right
that you will turn it over to the legal establishment.

That way they get a legitimate chance to think things through and decide if
they will take care of things the easy way.

Best wishes,
Scott W3TX