Re: [TowerTalk] The BIG one!

To: 'Blake M' <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The BIG one!
From: John E.Cleeve <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:15:58 +0100
This thread reminds me of a Qso I had, with a Finnish station, back in
the mid 80s, he told me that he had bought a redundant tower crane,
had it erected in a forest, and then built a 3 element 80 metre yagi
on the boom, then using the crane drive mechanism to rotate the
antenna, his signal was huge....I often wondered how it looked, and if
it survived the Finnish winters, encrusted with ice!! ....regards,
John G3JVC.

On Thu Sep 21 11:58 , 'Blake M' <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com> sent: