Re: [TowerTalk] OCF and 160m?

To: "Eugene Hertz" <ehertz@tcaf.org>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OCF and 160m?
From: "FISCHER,GREG" <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:38:52 -0500
Good morning Eugene,

An OCF antenna is by definition an unbalanced antenna.
 For it to be balance, both side would have to be the same
length.

So, Why not see if you have the room for a 160m OCF
windom, or, make it a 160m zepp or extended zepp, feed it
with open wire feedline to a balanced tuner?  If you have
the room, I think the latter would be the most efficient
solution as your feedline losses would be minimal.

GL
Greg
AB7R