[TowerTalk] MonstIR 40<>6M and a damaged tower questions.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] MonstIR 40<>6M and a damaged tower questions.
From: w3pt@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 00:22:45 +0000
Hi!
This is my first post to this group and I am looking forward to your input.
I just lost my stack of F12 antennas when a cable snapped on my 5 year old U.S.
Tower HDX-572MDPL while at full height. I may try to repair the tower or
replace it. Here are my questions.
1. If I repair the tower and install stainless steel cables how much should I
de-rate its lifting weight?
2. I also thought about extending the tower (with a crane) to full height and
attaching clamps to the sections and make it a non-retracting tower. Have not
found a suitable self supporting tower that I could adapt to the present base.
Any ideas pro or con?
3. I ordered the newest/largest MonstIR 40M<>6M antenna to replace my stack.
http://tinyurl.com/a2v25 (Looks like no more SO2R) I have been searching the
WEB for owners of this newest release by SteppIR but haven't found any. Lots of
the 20M<>6M antennas out there. There are 11 of us on the waiting list. Any
info from current owners?
4. Are there any other U.S.Tower owners out there that have had this problem
with cables breaking in such a short lifespan?
Thank you,
Bob, W3PT