Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Material #2

To: w7psk@w7psk.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Material #2
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:11:40 -0700
At 01:27 PM 10/12/2006, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Sorry, but in all the piles I only saw one suggestion that Im looking for.
>
>Im not looking for mail order, I need to find mast material that I
>can obtain locally.

Where are you physically located? (near a city?) Check the yellow
pages for "tubing".  Most places that sell metal (other than surplus)
can get almost anything.  My experience has been is that there are
three kinds of smaller metal places: iron/steel, aluminum, other
metals (copper,brass, and usually aluminum too).  Big places
(Ducomum, Ryerson, etc.) have everything.

Checking the yellow pages for Everett:
Seaport Steel does structural steel in your area, but I don't know if
they do round tubing in sizes you're interested in. Triad Products?
They're a fabricator.  Eckstrom Industries makes tubing. Bending
Solutions, Lafarge&Egge, Sportworks NW, Inc.

If you're looking for high strength steel tubing, check race car
fabricators. They use it for roll cages and structural uses, and
either will sell it to you directly, or put you in touch with a supplier.

I'm sort of spoiled in the Los Angeles area.  There must be 50
different suppliers of various kinds of tubing within a 1 hour drive.