Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:07:46 -0400
From: <k2mme@juno.com>
To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 10:41 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant

>I have used various forms of silicon sealants for years and it seems
> they all have the same problem.  They seem to be made for single uses.
> By that I mean they harden in the tube. I'm sure the manufactures love

Those are the RTVs and have a relatively short shelf life.
The dielectric greases and vacuum greases should not get hard in the tube or
any place else for that matter.
I've had flooded connectors up for 10 to 15 years that still had "grease" in
them when I took the antennas down.  OTOH I don't think I have any flooded
fittings up at present, but I've gone to using flooded heat shrink over the
connectors.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)