Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted

To: <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted
From: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:28:35 -0700

I have had this tower up for 15 years with an A3S for 14 of them and Steppir
3 element for two years, it scares the heck out of me with just the one
Steppir with 50 mph winds, so much so I wind it down when the gust get up to
30 mph.  I must add it has never failed in all these years, but none the
less it makes me nervous on occasions.  I guess the thing to remember is
that US tower rate the tower with the antenna just one foot above the top,
so if you have a mast that would be 12 foot or so who knows.

Mike

Considering a US Towers MA40 -- with Cushcraft A3S and AW3S beams
attached.... Anyone had any expereinces with this tower?  Can it hold both
the Cushcraft antennas without guys?  Sure would appreciate your
experiences/thoughts on this before I make the plunge !!    Cheers.... Bob
KK8ZZ   Solon, Ohio

It has removed 75 spam emails to date.