[TowerTalk] Guying Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying Question
From: "Tom Crothers" <tcrothers@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:48:22 -0400
Hi Tower Talkians,

I've never owned a guyed tower, so I don't know much about tower guying,
however I'm curious about something.  On a commercial tower near my home, I've
noticed the rings at different levels on the tower that the guys are connected
to.  What is that device called, and is it necessary as a mechanical strength
device, etc?  (as opposed to the guys being attached directly to the vertical
legs themselves).  Is it a no-no to attach guys directly to the vertical legs
or something?

73,

Tom
K8ANA