[TowerTalk] More 80 meter questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More 80 meter questions
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@va.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:31:50 -0500
Greetings all,

I am still working on improving my 80 (and 160 meter) performance.  I
have thought about shunt feeding the tower but I have been cautious
because of the fact that I have wireless Internet on the tower.  I am
not concerned about interference so much as simply radiating the tower
and frying some components in the wireless radio that is mounted to the
tower.  Any experience in this area?

Also, I have been using an Alpha Delta sloper and therefore (didn't
realize this before) the braid side of the sloper is already energizing
the tower and I have not experienced any problems with the wireless.
But, shunt feeding the tower seems different but perhaps not?  I would
appreciate any input on shunt feeding a tower when there is wireless
internet radio mounted on the tower?

Thanks,

Gary, N5PHT