[TowerTalk] SteppIR MonstIR Modeling

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR MonstIR Modeling
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 06:13:57 -0800 (PST)
Paul, you don't have to model the Stepp IR specifically, just model any 2 el
antenna at that altitude and the bands you will be using and that will show the
major and minor lobes... More elements will slighty compress the forward lobes,
but no significant changes otherwise...
After 40+ years of fooling with antennas I would say just do it... You will
have so many lobes, especially on the higher frequencies, that you will be able
to work the world at will.. Yes, there will be times when certain distances
will fall into your very sharp nulls, but wait an hour or two, the ionospheric
height changes and suddenly you are in there like gangbusters...
If I were offered space at 200 feet elevation I would have said yes instantly
and reflexively...

denny