[TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:08:44 -0600
John,

I have used both of these rotors during my radio career.

I switched to the Yaesu G1000-DXA  for several reasons, the most important to
me were the large illuminated compass dial, the 90 degree overlap, the variable
rotor speed pot, and the position preset with ramp up/down speed at the rotor.

I have turned a HyGain TH-5DXX, a Mosley Pro-67B, and currently a HyGain
TH-11DXX & Cushcraft 5 element 6 meter yagi stack.

The only failure I had on these rotors has been the compass dial lamp and one
rubber drive belt which drives the pointer. This was an early failure (within a
couple months) and the replacement has been working for over ten years.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 2