Re: [TowerTalk] What Killed the Computers? was: Re:GroundingofAmateur Ra

To: "'K8RI on TowerTalk'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,"'Tower Talk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What Killed the Computers? was: Re:GroundingofAmateur Radio installations
From: "WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:12:42 -0500
I like the 130s...they provide the level of protection I'm looking for and
haven't been a concern.

Have you seen the new fuses material being used by refrigerator
manufacturers?  The fuse is a disk with a metal film covering one side with
contacts for line and load pressed on the metal side of the disk.

Apparently if too much current passes through the metal film the disk
material melts away and the circuit goes open. I thought I had lost a new
compressor and when I opened up the electrical compartment I found this
device. I moved the contacts to a place on the disk where the metal film was
still in tact and the device has worked well ever since, haha.

73,
dave
wa3gin