Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted l

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted l
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:47:59 -0600
You are correct Jim, there is a difference between using bare wire and
insulated wire when folding it back.  Either technique will "work" but
they work differently. If you use bare wire, and determine the right
length by folding it back, then decide to trim the extra length, the
resonant frequency won't change much.  If you do the same with insulated
wire, when you trim the extra length the antenna will be too short.

Jerry, K4SAV