Re: [TowerTalk] Which thruse bearing?

To: "'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which thruse bearing?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:41:43 -0500

Keeping a constant space between the bar and the mast may be a problem as
the mast moves with wind etc. But the bigger problem is that the voltage
across the gap needs to rise high enough for an arc to start which means
that the voltage across the bearing must also rise that high. I would think
that the bearing would be the first to arc because of the closer spacing in
it.

73
Gary  K4FMX