Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...
From: "KC4HW" <jimjohnson@alaweb.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:23:24 -0600
I will share this....  about 7 years ago while living on the East Coast of
Florida, I sealed a coax connection with a wrap of 3M #33 tape and then
wrap the #33 with a wrap of rubberized tape (no adhesive).  It streaches as
it is wrap on the connection.  A couple of years ago, when I moved, the
connection was undone and the connectors were just as clean and shiney
as the day I put them up there.

You can find that rubberized tape at any electrical supply house.

On 12 Dec 2006 at 16:36, Dave NØRQ wrote:

> At the prices they get for those Quick-Seal enclosures
> (http://www.sitepro1.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=26)
> I think that Coax-seal will continue to be a very viable option.
> They look like a really good idea -- and the cost reflects that.
>
> Now the "mini weatherproofing kit" part of the page *does*
> look good -- probably better than coax-seal, and affordable
> as well.
>
> --
> Dave N0RQ
> http://www.powerlinenoise.com